Careers With Michigan Health Connect
Michigan Health Connect provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment on the forefront of one of the most exciting movements in the country. As a non-profit corporation in the State of Michigan, we provide competitive salaries and benefits while providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of patients across the state.
Provide leadership and oversight for Michigan Health Connect’s technical architecture, systems and operations including management of the organization’s help desk. Responsible for data center operations, including day-to-day management of associated technology vendors, as well as MHC’s IT staff. Oversee operation of MHC’s business office technical environment.
- Oversight and management of data center and MHC’s business office technical environment
- Oversight and management of technology vendor relationships
- Determine IT operational service requirements by analyzing current and future needs of customers and provide direction for infrastructure that supports strategic growth opportunities
- Manage, train, and maintain IT staff
- Manage and support help desk operations
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards
- Verify system results by conducting audits of technologies implemented
- Support financial objectives by forecasting requirements and preparing input to an annual budget
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years IT experience required, with a minimum of 3 of those years in healthcare IT
- Minimum of 3 years IT staff management required
- Experience managing data center operations required
- Experience developing IT strategy and architecture required
- Prior programming experience a plus
- Prior experience with integration engines and related technologies a plus
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to understand and recommend IT architecture & network solutions and improvements
- Proficiency level of knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage a team of IT operations and support personnel
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Good project planning and management skills
- Prior experience with Application Programming preferred
- Ability to manage multiple critical issues simultaneously
- Experience managing technical vendors
- Aptitude for strict attention to detail
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send a resume and cover letter to Alicia Abfall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industry News & Announcements
- Improved patient care, administrative efficienc...
- Grand Rapids, Mich. and South Bend, Ind. —...
Michigan Health Connect and Michiana Health Information Network Partner to Securely Exchange Patient InformationGRAND RAPIDS, Mich. and SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Mich...