Eight organizations currently sit on the Board of Directors for MHC – Ascension Health (representing its five independent ministries across the state), Beaumont Hospital (Troy), Lakeland Regional Hospital (St. Joseph), Metro Health (Grand Rapids), McLaren Health Care (Flint), Northern Michigan Regional Health System (Petoskey), Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids), and Trinity Health (Novi). These organizations are known as “Anchor Members”, and have made significant financial and organizational commitments to the corporation. Each of the eight organizations has one seat and one equal vote. The current individuals representing these organizations are found on the Board of Directors page.
The current governance structure is depicted below.
The Chairs for each of the Advisory Committees will represent the collective input and recommendations from their respective constituencies to the Board. The Chairs of the Provider, Privacy and Security, and Consumer/Patient committees have specifically identified seats and are voting members of the Board.
MHC has established five Board Advisory Committees to obtain critical focus and expertise in important areas of the organization’s development, to help ensure compliance with all HIE rules and regulations, and to provide key stakeholder groups with access to the Board through their designated Chairperson. These are as follows:
- The Information Security & Privacy Committee provides guidance and oversight to MHC and its Participants related to the compliance with privacy and security standards and regulations related to effective health information exchange.
- The Consumer/Patient Advisory Committee engages and educates patients and consumers about health information exchange and receives input on the specific services and approaches MHC is making available to facilitate improved patient care, administrative and clinical efficiencies, and meaningful use of electronic medical records.
- The Provider Advisory Committee engages providers across the MHC service area to help us build a robust health information exchange and the specific value-add services, approaches, and data that best facilitate the care they deliver to patients, administrative and clinical efficiencies, and meaningful use of electronic medical records.
- The Technology/Deployment Committee is focused on working with Medicity to ensure that the solution platform and technical infrastructure continue to meet evolving market and regulatory demands as well as coordinating the overall development and implementation priorities for the organization.
- The Operations/Finance Advisory Committee provides guidance and direction to MHC and its stakeholders ensuring that a formal financial model is set in place and organizational policies relating to MHC are being followed.